Do you use generic maps?
- NO, All of our remap files are custom written on the day by SLT Remapping.
Is it safe for my vehicle?
- We will only remap a vehicle if we feel it is safe to do so. We remap all software to within the tolerances of the vehicles stock parts as to not put the engine under unsafe stress.
How is it done?
- Most of the time we can read and write the software on a vehicles ECU through the OBD port inside the vehicle, this means no dismantling of parts or ECU removal is required. In some cases a vehicle will only be able to be done by 'Bench' tuning. Bench tuning requires the ECU to be removed from the vehicle in order for us to be able to get the software to read and write the new modified file.
Why can you remap a car?
Vehicle manufacturers de-tune the engine at the factory by setting the software on the ECU to default before sending the vehicle out. This is done due to the manufacturers having to sell their cars all over the world, this means that the software settings on the ECU must take into account different climates, laws & restrictions and varying quality of fuels. Vehicle remapping is basically the modification/replacement of the manufacturers default software on a vehicles ECU. A vehicle remap replaces default software on the ECU, overwriting it with new software which can be programmed to optimise the cars overall performance. Many manufacturers use the same engine but set up the ECU differently to give different power outputs thus allowing them to sell different spec models
What would i notice?
The overall torque and power will be noticeably increased. Power delivery will be smoother making for a much safer driving experience. During normal driving you will notice that your MPG is better which not only decreases the cost of fuel that you will have to pay, but it also minimises your carbon foot print. Throttle response will be improved and the rev range will be enhanced.
HHO Engine Carbon Cleaning FAQ's
How does the machine work?
- A strong electrical current splits water molecules (H2O) into its component atoms producing highly charged particles of Hydrogen & Oxygen, or OxyHydrogen (HHO).
Whats the process?
- The HHO gas is introduced into the engine via the air intake system, usually and where possible after the MAF (Mass Air Flow). This gas is then burnt as the engine runs mixing it with fuel, air and carbon deposits. As it passes through the injector tips,combustion chambers, turbo and and exhaust system the hydrogen reacts with the carbon producing hydrocarbon gas. This then lifts the carbon deposits from the engine and ejects them safely through the exhaust. Using no harsh chemicals and taking just 40 minutes. The vehicle is running for the 40 minutes with 10 minute intervals of rev cycles.
Does it work on petrol vehicles?
- Yes our system will work on any Petrol, Diesel and LPG vehicle up to and including a 20,000cc capacity (20L)
Will it clean the DPF?
- This system is not a designated DPF cleaner no. However, by using this system and keeping carbon to a minimum it will help to keep the DPF clean and healthy in the long term to prevent failures in the future.
Will it clean the EGR?
- In most cases this system will not clean the EGR. This is down to the EGR not getting hot enough for the reaction to occur. We always recommend a manual clean of the EGR and then run our system through the rest of the engine internals.
Can it damage the engine?
- We use hydrogen which is a non corrosive gas so it has no detrimental effect to any component within the engine. It only targets carbon build up.
Will they fit my wheels?
- Alloygators can be fitted to most wheel and tyre combinations between 13-24"
What material are the rim protectors made of?
- The AlloyGator product is made of a “Super Tough Nylon” which is flexible and wont damage your alloy wheels during fitting, but tough enough to give superior protection.
Can they be re-used if you have new tyres?
- The profiles can generally be re-fitted to the same wheels if you have new tyres, provided that they have not sustained heavy impact and all old glue residue is removed in order that the join can be effectively re-joined. We do not recommend re-fitting damaged profiles.